Meeting Room Policy
Meeting rooms in the public libraries of Athens County are available to non-profit groups and organizations for civic and educational meetings. Please observe the following rules:
- No monetary charges may be made to meeting participants. (Meetings must be free to all participants.)
- Meeting rooms may not be reserved on Sunday, with the exception of events sponsored and/or hosted by the Library.
- There is a limit of two (2) meetings per month per organization.
- Meeting rooms may be reserved no more than two (2) months before the meeting date; however, in the case of an organization's annual meeting or a meeting which requires advance publicity, the reservation may be made up to a year before the meeting.
- Please vacate meeting rooms at the agreed-upon time; we allow one hour between meetings for clean-up and set-up.
- One person from each group shall sign-in at the beginning of the meeting and report the number of participants at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Each library has audio-visual equipment available for use by presenters. Please discuss your needs and request any needed equipment when you reserve the room.
- Limited kitchen facilities are available, or groups may have events catered. In any case, the group is responsible for leaving the meeting room clean and in good condition.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Please leave meeting rooms clean, turn of all lights, and lock the door as you leave the room.
- If your group would like a tour of the library, please let us know when you make your reservation or when you sign in; in most cases we can accommodate your request.
Adopted as amended, 10/28/97, by the Board of the Nelsonville Public Library